ESP Event Schedule – 2016
-: ESP Out door Projects for 2016, April to September: –
The Goal: The ESP study group, which is one of the focus groups operating under the umbrella of LMBCS, would like to request the LMBCS members to be in touch with nature during the summer months and learn more about sustainability and the ecology of the Lower Mainland.
Some important information regarding these events:
- These projects have been chosen keeping family participation in mind. Family adults are responsible for their children in particular for their safety, food, water etc., but we always help each other when needed.
- Each project lasts for about 3.5 – 4.0 hours, starting usually around noon on the last Sundays of the month.
- Two weeks before the event, confirmation of each project, including venue and time etc. will be sent to the general membership through EVITE invitation.
- Please note that all activities are free to the members.
- Individual families are expected to bring their own drinking water, food and other related accessories to make it a family picnic.
***** Note: These dates are mostly the last Sunday of the month.
1) Shoreline cleanup
When & Where: – 24th April, 2016 Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver
Description: – This activity was a grand success last year. Member parents and children gather together for a spring cleanup of a given city park according to the city’s guidelines. This activity will teach our children the “how” and “why” of the cleaning process. We gather at the park at a certain area and start cleaning as a group and at the end of the activity we sit together under the shades of the trees and do a picnic.
2) David Suzuki Foundation’s 30×30 Nature Challenge.
When & Where: – May 2016. For info please visit 30×30.davidsuzuki.org.
Description: – This is a 30 day “get-fit” challenge program for individual families and no active ESP related participation is needed.
3) Dairy Farm, Dairy products – www.birchwooddairy.com
When & Where: – 6th June 2016 – BirthWood Dairy, Abbotsford.
Description: -This event will provide us with exposure to a dairy farm including how milk is produced.
4) Family Farm
When & Where: – July 31st, 2016 – Aldoracres Family Farm, aldoracresfamilyfarm.ca, Langley.
Description: –This activity can be a unique experience for both the parents and children. This event can be called a family fun entertainment activity.
5) Bread Affair Grandville Island
When & Where: – 28th August, 2016. 1680 Johnston St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3S2
Description: –This activity will provide the members with unique experience on how breads and other bakery products are manufactured.
6) God’s Acre farm
When & Where: – 25th September, 2016. 16582-40 Ave Surrey, BC V3S 0L2
Description: – This activity will provide the members with very unique experience about the ways of harvesting. Members can take active participation in this activity inside the farm. (negotiations are still going on for a date).
Tentative – ESP is planning to fix a date for Watershed visit in Coquitlam during the months of June/July/August. The visit will provide the members for a unique experience on how water is managed in the lower mainland. Members will be notified as soon as dates are fixed.